Guest Review: Only with You (Only Colorado #1) by J.D. Chambers

“I guess if the worst thing I’m doomed to in life is mediocre sex, my life isn’t too bad.”

Self-starter and business analyst Zach Keller is living his dream life. He spends his days working from home in his favorite Tolkien t-shirts and pajamas while mothering his best friend-slash-roommate. The fact that his sex life is a bust and his love life is nonexistent? Unimportant. After his college boyfriend berated him for his unconventional desires, Zach doesn’t plan on sharing that part of himself ever again, anyway.

“I’m tired of feeling like I missed out on something by not going to college.”

Craig Pela isn’t lonely. He has tons of friends and weekends packed with activity. He hasn’t needed anyone since he left home at eighteen and never looked back. But everyone around him is moving forward in life, while he still works the same retail job at the same video game store, and it’s making him question his life choices. After all, he doesn’t want to be the loser still playing video games at fifty, does he?

As their relationship develops, Zach’s shy nature melts away to reveal an irrepressible geek that charms the pants off Craig. And Craig’s kind patience and ability to match him obscure quote for quote leaves Zach wondering if he’s finally met the man he can be his true self with. After all, how can someone else love you when you keep a part of yourself hidden?



Guest Reviewer - NeRdyWYRM

Hurt-Comfort and Kink

Yummy. Two of my favorite things. I'll be honest. When I started this book, I wasn't sure I was going to like it. There were vague references to some kind of unforgivable—according to the MC's inner monologue—kink, and I kept thinking, "What the fuck could possibly be so bad?"

Well, I guess that depends on your perspective. I won't spoil it here since it's such a huge part of the story, but suffice it to say, this book was freaking H-O-T. I'll admit, what Zach gets off on took a minute to wrap my head around and I still struggle to "get" it, BUT ... it made for some really hot reading and believable relationship angst.


Craig was a gem. It takes strength to embrace certain things for love of someone else and he did a fantastic job of it without dragging it out so much that he broke Zach in the process. Zach's need for a little TLC and acceptance from a special someone made so much sense once the cat was out of the bag and I was happy that Zach rolled with it even though it took him a minute to really decide to be supportive. All of it was entirely understandable and, better yet, believable.

Dammit, I'm struggling for words here because I don't want to give too much away, but it's impossible to say much about this book without potentially saying too much.


I will say this: read it. If you like some really hot kink that doesn't travel down the road of "too weird", this is an excellent option. I would have liked to see more of Zach and Craig together in bed outside of their 'special occasion' nights, just because I think the every day dynamic would have enhanced the relationship aspect of the story, but still, I have no complaints. Read it. Love it. I did.


More reviews by NeRdyWYRM can be found on Goodreads here.
Images (when present) may be subject to copyright.

An ARC copy of this title was provided for an honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment