Review: Wes' Denial (Tease and Denial #2) by Joseph Lance Tonlet

Novel: 103,000+ words / 301 pages
Genre(s): Gay, Erotica, BDSM


Please see the complete list of tags below.

Wes has spent his life looking for that one special guy who will understand and love him—all of him. From his tender vanilla side, to his darker debauched side.

Throughout high school, his successful career in the Marines, and as a BDSM Dom, he’s remained confident his partner is out there waiting to be found.

However, several events shake his normally unflappable self–assurance.

And, even after he finds Grif, will his past catch up with him and possibly drive his soul mate away?

Tags: GAY, EROTICA, BDSM, D/s, DEGRADATION, SPH, BITTERSWEET


Holy mother of god! I need a moment to compose myself after that ending!! Phew, what a ride.

So this story is a continuation of Grif’s Toy, but is from Wes’ POV. Sweet, sexy, dominating sadistic Wes….


Much like Grif’s Toy, we visit different points in Wes’ life in a random order. I was happy to see most of the book was set within the time period of Grif and Wes being together. The story starts right where we left off at the end of Grif’s Toy, and follows them over their next two years together. We also get to see Wes when he’s seventeen and first getting an idea of his dominating side, when he’s in his early twenties at boot camp and coming across his more sadistic side, and then when he’s thirty-ish and seeking guidance from a well known Dom, Thomas.


Wes has experienced some pretty terrifying moments in his life and has buried his guilt and shame so deep down that no one, not even Grif is aware of it. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole book waiting for the moment he told Grif. That last 15% was super full-on.

The depth of emotions experienced and displayed in this book were just wonderful. I absolutely adore Wes and Grif. The love and connection between these two is so palpable, and it turns what could be an overwhelmingly sadistic love story into a very sweet and romantic one.


They are just as mind-blowingly sexy together as they were in the first book. God Wes is one twisted mother-fucker and I absolutely adore him for it!!


“Your orgasms will always have to be fucking earned. Every. Single. One. Long gone are the days where you were able to take them for granted. Today will be no different. I’m gonna beat you, I’m going to make you scream, and I’m gonna fuck you like I own you— because I do. After all that, I’ll uncage you and start again….”

Oh yes, you read right, there is now a cock cage! And Wes is proud as punch ;-).


There were a few moments that felt a bit rushed. I didn’t really feel any connection between Wes and Thomas, especially not enough to elicit the response Wes had to that particular situation (sorry no spoilers :-P ). It was one of Wes’ more guilt ridden memories and I can see why, as it was fairly terrible and seemed so at odds with who Wes is as a person. I guess I could understand that reaction more if it was someone who he felt as much about as he did Grif, but I just didn’t see that with Thomas.

This can’t be read as a standalone, so if you haven’t read Grif’s Toy definitely read that first. This series won’t be for everyone, it's got far too much sadism/humiliation for people who want a fluffy love story and far too much fluff for people who want a sadistic story, but I absolutely loved the balance. That epilogue though, phew... prepare the tissues! I haven't been able to think of much else in days.

Highly recommended of course.


Find on Goodreads!

2 comments:

  1. Effin' stunningly beautiful review, Chelsea. *major blushing going on here*

    "The depth of emotions experienced and displayed in this book were just wonderful. I absolutely adore Wes and Grif. The love and connection between these two is so palpable, and it turns what could be an overwhelmingly sadistic love story into a very sweet and romantic one."

    Yeah, this got me a bit choked up...but I guess turnabout is fair play, huh? *winks*

    Peace,
    JLT =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! You deserve the tears after what I've been through :-P seriously though, I'm still thinking about this book and I finished it a week ago.

    Thanks for the comments! I feel like the one blushing, getting praise from an author whose paperbacks I have on my shelf :-)

    ReplyDelete