Guest Review: Stuck on Rewind by Dianne Hartsock

Can Ashton let go of his jealousy and be the friend and lover that Lance needs?

Ashton has been in love with his best friend for years, watching him grow from a pretty high school boy to the gorgeous erotic dancer at the club where they both work. The problem is that Lance enjoys the attention of a variety of men while Ashton wants him for his very own.

After a day spent denying his attraction for Lance, standing by while their friend Trey openly flirts with him, Ashton decides it's time to make his move or risk losing his man forever. Once Lance knows how he feels he'll realize they should be together. Or is it already too late?

Publisher's Note: This book has previously been released elsewhere. It has been revised and re-edited for re-release with Pride Publishing.



Guest Reviewer: Fantasy Living

It’s difficult to review a short story. I always feel like I will give away too much while writing. Here I go anyway.

Ashton would love nothing more than to be with Lance, his high school friend, and now college roommate, but Lance has always been a lover of many, and Ashton doesn’t feel he can meet the man’s needs sexually for longer than a few months, so he resists the flirtation, enjoying just being around him, even though his insides are screaming at him to stake his claim.

I thought this was sweet, and a lot sexy. The chemistry was good, and I wanted them to be fuckbunnies and just fuck already.

I’m a sucker for exotic dancers. Actually, I’m a sucker for dancers. Period. I love them so much, and never get tired of reading about them. This is no exception. I loved the way Lance and Trey were described during their dancing. Delicious. I wanted to be the one licking. But I know that’s not allowed.

The tears were a bit much for me. I have no problem with man-tears. I actually find it incredibly sexy for a man to be open with his emotions, but this was too much, because there wasn’t enough story. Lance’s insecurities were many, which created too much angst. If this was a longer story, I wouldn’t have minded either, but condensing that much emotional trauma into a story, without really going in depth, it made me roll my eyes.

Lance’s dance costume…. hawt! Want to see it in real life.

Ashton’s sexually harassing boss….. yeah, it was creepy-hot, but mostly creepy and rapey. Also not really relevant to the storyline. Again, more an issue of not a long enough story to expand on the importance of this character’s appearance.

Overall this was fun, and sexy, and sweet, without being over the top. I would definitely read something longer from this author, or even another ‘love bite’ like this.

Recommended for lovers of short sexy, very erotic stories about dancers and the men who covet them.


For more information on Goodreads or Booklikes!

1 comment: