Review: When Love Flue In by Lillian Francis


A soot-haired chimney sweep, an exploding flue and an uncooked turkey. It’s an unholy trinity that may make all of Dominic’s Christmas wishes come true.

Dominic is celebrating his first Christmas since his divorce, and although he’s spending it on his own, he’s determined to have a traditional Christmas morning, including a roaring fire. Unfortunately, Dominic’s chimney is blocked, which is why Reagan, a soot-haired chimney sweep, is head and shoulders up Dominic’s flue. Dominic is just lucky the man had a cancellation on Christmas Eve.

Unable to take his eyes off Reagan’s low-slung jeans and enticing ass while he sets about the hearth with rods and brushes, Dominic knows five years is a long time to be obsessed with the man who sweeps his chimney every Christmas. This year there’s nothing to stop Dominic from acting on his desires—except his own insecurities.

An exploding flue provides the opportunity for more than just polite conversation and could be the catalyst for a perfect Christmas. But Dominic will need to stop hiding who he really is before a special sweep can light a fire in his heart.

Publisher's Note: This book was previously released by another publisher. It has been revised and re-edited for release with Totally Bound Publishing.


When a cutie patootie Christmas story came in with a request to be reviewed, in the spirit of Christmas harmony, Ann and I decided to review it together. We're both Christmas sluts, loving the ever living joy outta all Christmas jizz stories and so we shared the love for this one. Here's what we thought:

Peachy, Present Maker and Gift Giver Extraordinaire

Lori is so rights. Unapologetic Christmas sluts? Yep, that's us. I don't have the jumper collection she does, I couldn't rock them like my Lorikins, but you wave some Jingle Jizzmas in our general directions and we are on it like glitter on a unicorn.

This story was basically written for us. It's set in England, at Christmastime. There's a chimney sweep and an adorably punny title. I loved it. The beginning is bittersweet. These two don't know one another, they just have assumptions and a heavy dose of mutual attraction. Dominic broke my heart, I was just so sad for the guy. Kudos to him for acting on his attraction and taking charge of what his heart wanted. I loved that Reagan was wary but willing, it made their time read like more than just a potential one off.

The story really ramped up for me (and for Dominic and Reagan) when it came to "the moment". Holy jingle balls, talk about some well written sexual tension. That's is one of the sweetest/hottest first time scenes that I've read and it was perfect for these two.

The sweetness continues and I loved how when these two opened up, they did it unapologetically and without reservation. It made my heart grow three sizes.



Lorix Christmas Jumper Lover:

One sexy chimney sweep - tick,
One newly divorced, freshly out of the closet home owner - tick,
One cold and snowy winter - tick,
One 'meddling' mum - tick.....
Pretty much everything you need for a wonderful Christmas story. I have a weakness for Christmas stories set in England (mainly because they feel so reminiscent for me) and this was exactly the kind of story I stuff down quicker than chocolates Christmas morning. It made me gooey inside and left me sighing happily at the end. A really lovely little read. Oh, yeah - and I too have a very sexy chimney sweep, and his brother, my coal-man is also rather yummy. Nothing like a bit of eye candy when the cold season sets in.... But shhh...don't tell my husband I said that.....

Merry Christmas everyone!


**a copy of this story was provided for an honest review (or two)**


For more information on Goodreads!

3 comments: